Ever Been Locked In?

Perfect justice!
lau.gif

It happened to me when a stiff wind slammed the door shut behind me. I didn't think the latch would close by itself like that but I had never tried slamming it that hard. I was in there for a half hour or so wondering what to do. I could get my head and one shoulder out the pop door but no more than that. I then admired what a sturdy job I had done on the two layers of wire mesh secured across the main window. I think a mighty kick against the door would open it with all kinds of damage of course. I also thought about short circuiting the electric supply wires with a screw driver I had handy. That would have shut off the TV that I knew my wife was watching and I figured she might come out looking for me to complain about it. In the end I just decided to wait it out and eventually spotted my next door neighbor and called out to them. The next day an interior latch release string was installed.

Another victim heard from, lol.

This is why I started this thread...to stress the importance of INTERIOR latches too!
lol.png

This is a seriously funny thread.
The wife is always the one who gets locked in. hahaha
Don't even think about telling me that it was an accident!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes when I go in the coop and don't want the chickens sneaking out, I'll pull the door to the coop sort of shut. I do think about if it latches and I'm locked in,

BUT, I built it, so I can BREAK it if I need to, but I hope that doesn't happen.

Yup.
Thought I was safe using a hasp but alas I was trapped solid. It was in the winter and took DH a good 45 minutes to come looking. I now keep a cell phone on me and am using a totally different latch system.
On the new run I am using a gate latch that I can put a string through to release from the inside.

These are some great stories (at least now that we are all free), lol.

Yup! We were all in there...there are only 3 of us, me, DH and DD. Of course, there were a couple of "very helpful chickens" as well. The coop was under construction and we didn't have the "inside of the door" latch on yet. DD had been crawling in and out of the pop door all day, she was 6 or 7 at the time. After she let us out, DH fixed the door right away! I see a buzzer, intercom, or something in your future! :)

Back
Top Bottom