ever feel like you are tattling?

Quote:
man this thread took a turn, i am clueless i guess, i thought she was talking about braggin on our animals. must be the lack of sleep and all the coughing i have been doing for a little over a week. i have asthma too. i better get off here and call the doctor for a appt. anyway. boy am i so gullable i guess
hide.gif

Nope. When I hit report its for a reason, and a mod might not be reading that post at the same time, or it might have been missed.

Adults forget really fast that there are children on this forum. Its everyone's reposibility to report those things we would not like our own children to be reading, those cuss words trying to hide behind &^%$# and those thinly veiled adult topics.

I thank you if you have reported those.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just have to comment on this. Yes, this entire site is dedicated to chickens. There are 20+ forums for information regarding chickens. This forum is Random Ramblings and the definition for this forum is: News, Current Events, Off-Topic Discussions . There are what, 8 forums give or take that are not solely about chickens. I for one find it enlightening that the people here can talk about other things besides chickens. I am not just a chicken keeper and I like that I can come here and post about non-chicken related things and have many different viewpoints. I am not bashing you for your opinion, truly I am not. I have just seen this come up on more than one occasion and felt the need to say my piece on it. I have seen some posts where people run at the mouth, but I just choose to ignore it and move on.

Now, on topic, I haven't reported a post yet. I figure with over 20,000 members, someone has already reported a problem post. I really try not to post something that is against the TOS, but I am human and make mistakes. I think that of everyone here as well. I guess you could say it is tattling, but I guess that just depends on your viewpoint. You could see it as tattling or like The Chicken Lady said and see it as "housecleaning". It is all in your point of view.

Quote:
I just have to comment on this. Yes, this entire site is dedicated to chickens. There are 20+ forums for information regarding chickens. This forum is Random Ramblings and the definition for this forum is: News, Current Events, Off-Topic Discussions . There are what, 8 forums give or take that are not solely about chickens. I for one find it enlightening that the people here can talk about other things besides chickens. I am not just a chicken keeper and I like that I can come here and post about non-chicken related things and have many different viewpoints. I am not bashing you for your opinion, truly I am not. I have just seen this come up on more than one occasion and felt the need to say my piece on it. I have seen some posts where people run at the mouth, but I just choose to ignore it and move on.

Now, on topic, I haven't reported a post yet. I figure with over 20,000 members, someone has already reported a problem post. I really try not to post something that is against the TOS, but I am human and make mistakes. I think that of everyone here as well. I guess you could say it is tattling, but I guess that just depends on your viewpoint. You could see it as tattling or like The Chicken Lady said and see it as "housecleaning". It is all in your point of view.

I think it's one thing to be off-topic in the random ramblings section and an entirely different thing to post adult conversations on a family board. People get so caught up in their random ramblings that the forget that this is a public PG rated board and they aren't in their own private chat room. I've posted on a thread before and the others posting on it were genuinely surprised that anyone else was reading it. There are 20,000 people that are members here- someone else is bound to be reading your conversation.

Quote:
LOL,
I have been a member since June(or late May) and have only started a couple of conversations that were NOT chicken related and not ONCE has someone not complained that is wasn't chicken related. I thought that was what the ramdom ramblings was about? It does say it is for off-topic conversations, the topic being chickens, so it is indeed off topic. I am sorry that I bothered you with my silly feelings
roll.png
. I do also have to say if you don't like the topic you still don't have to click it.
I have pushed the report button, but the only one I didn't feel silly for was a vulgar pic. I have pushed it when people try to defame people openly or start fights.
and here is my random rambling ^.........

Last edited:
Quote:

Tabby, I respect your opinion. I like the ramblings, too. What I don't care for is the empty jibberish that just racks up posts, and really should be pm.

I'd like to add that this thread is meant for discussion and points of view , not directed at any one person. Just curious about both sides of the topic. (meaning my posts)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom