Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

Quote:
She's feeling alot better! The medicine they gave her really helped. She is either going home today or tomorrow. I have enjoyed having her around awhile. Even if she was sick most of the time! Empty nest syndrom I guess.
lol.png

I am glad to hear she is feeling better! Does she have a lot of neat stories to share with you? I am heading to Milan tonight to see Kyle play his last home ballgame. It is against Putnam County, so that makes it even more interesting! I even have my bright green sweater on today in honor of the game!!

Speaking of children, I wonder how Raymond is...

I was wondering the same thing. I wish we had his phone # so we could text him. I should have overnighted him a pillow for the seat of his pants!!
gig.gif

I've got a feeling though.....He may not get in as much trouble as we think. He's a pretty special kid!

I forgot to tell you....DH talked to our neighbor last night. A big cat...probably a cougar or mountain lion??? got one of his calves night before last.
hide.gif
You could tell by the kill it was a big cat and not a wolf or coyote. We have a rock quarry near us where they supposedly live. One more thing to worry about. DH is rethinking his decision not to buy that Llama!!

Quote:
Funny, we were just talking about big cats being in the area this morning! I have no doubt they are around plentiful. In the summer late at night when I am outside, I know I hear bobcats screaming. They sound like a woman is getting murdered! If you go right on down the road of our tiny little town it leads to some bottom land. There have been many reports of bears and a couple of cubs! Be careful and enjoy that llama!
wink.png

Sunny and cloudy with a temperature of 70 degrees. The girls are out frolicking. I was sitting outside with them and I saw a squirrel. I have never seen a squirrel in my area. Do squirrels eat chickens and or chicken feed? Or was this little guy lost on his way to Albuquerque.
I am going to have to set up a webcam outside to see what goes on when I am not around.

Do you guys keep food in your coops 24/7 so the chickens can get to it at all times or do you feed them on an interval?

Currently I am feeding my girls a cup of feed in the morning. Then they get to go outside and eat bugs and dirt and grass. Then in the evening when I go check them again if their food bowl is empty I put another cup of feed.

Quote:
We feed and water ours every afternoon and they have a very large feeder, so they rarely run out. They also get treats and scraps in between times.

As a matter of fact, just came back from buying chicken feed so they won't starve over the weekend. Our Orscheln's has baby chicks in!!
jumpy.gif
I refrained from buying any. For now.

hey peeps! I leave chicken food out constantly rarely are they out. Chipmonks ate at least...2-4 lbs of chicken feed a day this past summer! We caught 5 in one day and released about 5 miles away! everyday all summer we caught them and released-the coons we caught 5-6?-those wound up as hats!

Hello everyone. It has been forever since I was able to get on. Got a few bugs I need to clean out of my puter. I got tired of my puter being so slow I just turned it off for 2 days and then it took me the last hour to get caught up on all the reading.
Chickie update. I got 25 out of 42 and sold 20 today but not befor I got pictures that I will post later when I have more time.
I got 3 out of 8 BCM eggs that I got from an auction on BYC. i have 30 more eggs that were set on the 19th and am going to set 42 more eggs later tonight befor I go to bed.

Isaac is doing so much better I forget that he was ever sick and that also means he is full of energy and strength when it is time for his antibiotic so I have to literally sit on him to make him take it 2 times a day. That is a pain but I am so glad he is not feeling bad anymore.

Charmed I am really sorry about Harry. I was like everyone else and thought he was starting to get better. Strange how animals do that.
hugs.gif

I hope yall have fun on yalls "trip" lol sounds like alot of fun!

I know there was so much more said on here that I wanted to comment on but I need to go since Isaac needs my attention. Always try to not put the puter befor him.

beautiful and raining today we are at 61 degrees. Ok well, because of the rain the girls don't get to come out of their coop. You guys should hear them crying out for me to let them out. Anyone within earshot must think I am torturing these girls. They have annoyed me now. I feel like going and getting the noisiest one and making her into a delicious chicken and rice.

Is it my fault for spoiling these girls so much?

welcome back algo, pics of chicks are the best!

Back
Top Bottom