Ever Fight Your Dog For A Bone????

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by d.k, Mar 31, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Last nite we went with visiting relatives out for BBQ. ( Just a tip: Never take mid-westerners out to inferior coastal bbq. [​IMG]) Brought a rib home to my sheba and she proceeded to try to eat the thing WHOLE!!!!! Took DH and I ten minutes to pry it out of her mouth & I almost lost a thumb in the bargain!!!!!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Ouch. She really wanted that bone in the tummy there huh!

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Mine generally give them up when I ask, but if it's something really yummy they've been known to lock down those jaws and cease to make eye contact. Kinda a doggie version of selective hearing.
    "Wha bone?" I dun haf a bone in muh mouf! LaLaLa..."

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Ginger's at least 12 y/o. We've had her 1O. Pretty positive she was a garbage hound street stray at some point-- cuz once in a great while she gets very sneaky, grabbing stuff off the ground and trying to keep it a secret for her whole walk or puts up a "argument" over something. I was SO SHOCKED to see her trying to put away this whole darn rib, though, that I barely got to her with 2" of it still sticking beyond her nose!!!!

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Ginger's at least 12 y/o. We've had her 1O. Pretty positive she was a garbage hound street stray at some point-- cuz once in a great while she gets very sneaky, grabbing stuff off the ground and trying to keep it a secret for her whole walk or puts up a "argument" over something. I was SO SHOCKED to see her trying to put away this whole darn rib, though, that I barely got to her with 2" of it still sticking beyond her nose!!!! Kept thinking she'd be putting it down and gnawing at it any second like a dry bone! WRONG!!!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  6. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Oh I sooooo know what you mean. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by