robbdebbie

Professional Chicken Bather
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Madisonville, LA
34635_3n53oa3l15oe5p75sc99c20e34e340cd1111e.jpg

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/grd/1370674749.html

They look cool!

I do believe those are the breed my mother in law has all over her lawn in Nevada. They are neat..and pretty amusing to watch. I told my husband I might have to raise some
smile.png

State bird of CA. They live on golf courses out here, with the droughts, the courses are one of the last places that's allowed to water lushly.

There'll Be Eggs Available In The Spring/ Late Summer. They're Kinda Pricey Tho...

No Different Than Incubating Bob Whites --- Same Conditions And Time Length

They Do Tend To Be A Little More Frail As Hatchlings Tho....

But Man Are They Cool Looking Or What?!

Yeah I just had to brag. They seem fairly common in this area, but I know of two breeders that are getting out of them. Now I have three breeder pairs, and I have paid as much as $5 each for day olds.

Quote:
YEP SEE 'EM ALL THE TIME LIKE THAT OR MORE! HECK MOST OF THE EBAY EGG AUCTIONS WERE GOING FOR 1 AN EGG OR MORE THIS YEAR....

THEY ARE SO BEAUTFUL TOO--- JUST LOVE THE LOOKS OF THEM. FULL GROWN IS THE WAY TO GO TOO--- THE CHICKS I HATCHED DIDNT DO TOO WELL---- THEY SEEM MORE FRAIL AS BABIES THAN BOBS OR COTURNIX, I BELEIVE I'VE SEEN POSTS FROM OTHER GAMEBIRD ENTHUSIAST STATING THAT THEY TEND TO BE HARDER TO TRAIN TO EAT THAN SOME OF THE OTHER SPECES.

Are these different than Gambel (Gambol) quail? Cause we gots lots of those here...like pigeons all over the city.

Back
Top Bottom