Ever take a chicken to Petsmart?

bakerjw

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Johnson City, Tn
I just wondered if anyone here's ever taken a chicken to Petsmart.

If I could get one of my girls (sex link RIR pullets) to settle down long enough to hang onto a cart handle I might consider it. I see people in there with parrots, mccaws, and other birds so why not chickens?

Can you imagine walking around and having one of your birds break out into the egg song?

heck i wish i could take a chicken or two to work!!!
lol.png

Personally, I would worry about dogs at Petsmart. What if some uncontrolled beast decides to jump up and grab your bird? Plus, I guess you'd have to put a diaper on your bird, or you'd be spending a lot of time cleaning up after her.
big_smile.png

--->>can't take her dog to Petsmart, as he thinks all the shelves are for peeing on
hmm.png

I don't take none of my feathered friends to Petsmart because, as mentioned, I would fear a dog would attack. Can't tell you how many times I've heard: My dog was attacked by another dog at Petsmart.

Took my horse to one and was quickly asked to leave. Insulted, my horse deposited his thoughts at the front door. Hey, when a place advertises all pets are welcome they better be more specific about which pet is not welcome.

That is so funny....my DGD and I just had this conversation as we are just getting a Pet Smart here. I told her about seeing a post on here where the lady makes a diaper and puts a harness on her chicken! We had a lot of giggles over that.

So, if I want to take my little chicken to Pet Smart and if I can get her to wear a diaper and a harness...then I will.....

someone brought a goat into petco on a leash. also at petco a wild turkey walked in the front door, walked to the back of the store and was released , unharmed, through the back door. some petco stores are selling chicken feed and supplies now. if you bring your chicken then just watch out for the dogs.

Quote:
gig.gif

I asked last time I was at petsmart and they said that I AM allowed to bring my chicken in. I'm going to take her this week and get her a little ferret harness, I think it will fit. She's a white silkie pullet.

Now that I think about it...TSC had a 'pets days' flyer on the counter a few months back and I jokingly asked if I could bring my fluffy little chicken. The lady looked at me kinda funny and said "sure, we had a goat in here once too!"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom