Every chick hatched is black

That would be genetics, each chick that hatches from same pairing receives half their genetics from each parent , and black is obviously dominant with what ever you crossed with. I thought I was going to get a black or red chick and got a surprise the young cockerel that was white snuck in and black hen had white chick lol

do your chicks change colors when they get their adult feathers? i had a black chick that was a cross between a black roo and a white hen, and grew up to be gray barred.

do your chicks change colors when they get their adult feathers? i had a black chick that was a cross between a black roo and a white hen, and grew up to be gray barred.

Yes they will be different when the adult feathers come in, I had 2 grey down chicks and when their adult feathers came in one was grey with black lacing and the other was black with iridescent green and purple you only see if the sun hits it right

I have a black rooster and different color hens, but every time a hen goes broody they always hatch out a black chick. Does anyone know why im not getting any other colors
the rooster is clearly homozygous(two copies of Extended Black) for dominant black, therefore 100% of any of his offspring will be heterozygous(one copy) dominant black. Unless you cross him to a breed with a black dilution mutation(Blue/Splash/Dun/Dominant White) you will always get black chicks with cream underbelly.

Yeah. Black is very dominant, unfortunately.
The only interesting chicks you could get would be if your hens were dominant white, blue, dun, or barred.

Back
Top Bottom