Everyone is talking about Buttons hatching chicks here is one of mine

Discussion in 'Quail' started by citalk2much, Jan 13, 2010.

1. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Here is one of my mama's I let hatch chicks last year
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    awww... Now when suprised, buttons jump straight up, I understand.. If they have chicks do they still freak out like that? Or are they more protective?

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I don't have a big problem with that in my stock I do get one from time to time that likes to pop its head into stuff. She acted like a mother hen with the chicks and would go after my fingers if I messed to much the male had a fit and would go right after me it was to funny he is just the sweetest guy so to have him attack floored me. After the chicks where removed he went right back to sweet.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Mine also don't do the popping thing much, they seem to 'grow' out of it. Once they get used to their surroundings they calm down. Mine do it once in a while, when they get really spooked, like when I'm cleaning their cages out, they don't like that [​IMG]

5. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    im getting some button chics on feb.3rd for my birthday any tips/hints in my pm box would be apreciated

6. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    My silly male wacks his head all the time on the aviary shelf. The girls don't. I think he just a crazy, twisted bird anyways.
    citalk2much here is where I posted my new photo's of mine if you would like to see.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=285943
    I am so jealous of your colours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by