Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

Nice looking birds you have there Sir, I'm particularly interested in the Giant Runts - does anyone know anything about utility pigeons - like King Pigeons - are they prolific breeders? What do they taste like (forgive me) and how/when do you slaughter (apologies to all who never considered the thought but that is the purpose of the breed right)?

My Utility King Pigeons.

They are enjoying the sunshine in the afternoon. I let them out.. and they mingle with my chickens and like to fly up onto the house roof to sunbath.

Last edited:

My fantail pigeons.

Sadly I only have one left. I used to have 10. A mongoose broke into the coop several times and killed them.
hit.gif

Last edited:
Lovely dude! Yeah, fantails look great but they can't really fly can they - I had some once but the hawks in our area just used to dine of them! Since I switched to keeping ordinary pigeons no more have died from air attacks! That's also why I was asking about the bigger pigeon breeds like your Kings... (less easy for an African hawk to fly off with)!

Lovely dude!  Yeah, fantails look great but they can't really fly can they - I had some once but the hawks in our area just used to dine of them!  Since I switched to keeping ordinary pigeons no more have died from air attacks!  That's also why I was asking about the bigger pigeon breeds like your Kings... (less easy for an African hawk to fly off with)!

That's can be true but I know some of my kings and giant homers are sooo big they can hardly fly.

Back
Top Bottom