Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

In the US we say Glacier not Glassier.... so there...LOL..jk..but really though that drives me nuts, I get Herbs being pronounced with an H as it has an H in it, but Glacier is clearly spelled with a C not 1 or 2 S's! lmao!

Last edited:
In the US we say Glacier not Glassier.... so there...LOL..jk..but really though that drives me nuts, I get Herbs being pronounced with an H as it has an H in it, but Glacier is clearly spelled with a C not 1 or 2 S's! lmao!
lol

I think 'homing' pigeon would be the correct word for them. Then people would know that they are pigeons that 'home' and have 'homing instincts'.

Calling them a 'homer' pigeon.. that does not make sense.. It does not mean anything. That is why the other poster was confused.

Americans, it was the British who invented English. Listen to the British if you want to speak English.

American speak 'American', and maybe in 50 or so years, Americans will be speaking a very different language to that used in Britain.

I'm going to get rid of most of my Birmingham rollers and West of Englands. Trying to find a different breed to go into.
I'm keeping 2 pairs of Birmingham rollers and 2 pairs of West of Englands. Would Parlor rollers be bullied and not do well with them? Would it be bad to have Parlor rollers in a normal loft? Or would they hurt themselves? I'd only get one pair. I'm also thinking of getting a few pairs of White Homing pigeons. Would they work together? I'm looking for a breed that doesn't fly much so they'll be easier to catch when I need to catch them outside.
I've thought about getting Fantails instead....

Hahahahah...American English....European English....both sound funny given the right circumstances, who's to say one culture is "right" or "wrong" just that we all sound funny sometimes that was my point, as I felt you were making fun I thought I might too!!! Lord knows my English sounds very funny as I am from the south and can't even refer to frozen water without sounding like I'm talking about someones rear or a donkey. If you really wanna have a laugh put someone from Tennessee and India on the phone and listen to them try to understand each other....hilarious!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom