Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

I know what you mean.. I am from the North West of England and have a 'northern accent'. When I teach my Thai students 'English' sometimes I am shocked when they repeat back exactly with my accent.. scary!

I do think in a hundred year or so our British English and the American English will be very different. Already Americans and Britons have many words that are completely different for the same things.

Some American friend was talking to me about 'egg plants' I really had no idea what there were. I found out he was talking about what we call Aubergines.

I really had no idea what a zucchini was!!! Then I found out... courgette. It could have been a bikini that you wear when you go to the zoo
lau.gif

And sneakers... maybe Americans call then that because people can 'sneak' about in they quietly?

I know what you mean.. I am from the North West of England and have a 'northern accent'. When I teach my Thai students 'English' sometimes I am shocked when they repeat back exactly with my accent.. scary!

I do think in a hundred year or so our British English and the American English will be very different. Already Americans and Britons have many words that are completely different for the same things.

Some American friend was talking to me about 'egg plants' I really had no idea what there were. I found out he was talking about what we call Aubergines.

I really had no idea what a zucchini was!!! Then I found out... courgette. It could have been a bikini that you wear when you go to the zoo
lau.gif

And sneakers... maybe Americans call then that because people can 'sneak' about in they quietly?
LMAO.....what about bangers and mash? toad in the hole....described like that I'd never eat it! FYI American English is just as varied regionally as it is globally it's because of our varied culture from the beginning , people who came here with nothing and made it their own. Someone from Boston vs. a Texan. Speaking of regional dialects ... You haven't even mentioned Ya'll and Aint!!! But I have to say the Welsh are about the British equivalent to us southerners! I have no clue what they're saying. LOL at least we draw words out so if you listen hard you can decipher, they talk like 90 miles a minute and all shoved together... I can't understand a word!!! This has been an interesting diversion....but on a more birdy note did you know Quaker parrots name their babies and their babies know mom's specific voice..very cool!

That very interesting.

I think pigeons do something similar.

I know they recognise the begging for food calls form their own squabs once they leave the nest. Even identical looking young ones will not be fed if they do not belong to the parents. (in my loft anyway).

I'm getting a pair of Parlor Tumblers! I so excited! I'm also getting rid of a lot of pigeons. I have 18 and I'm selling/trading 12 of them to a pigeon person around here.

they cannot fly so anything on the ground can get them ground gets damp cold bugs snakes there just vunarable on the ground most raise them off the ground in cages like rabbits not saying they cannt just better

OK. I was planning on keeping a pair in a rabbit cage. Is it ok for them to live with Birmingham rollers? The only pair of Birmingham rollers I'm keeping are not one of the aggressive top pigeons.

its not that you cannt if there enough room but they will roll out of there nests break eggs its just better for them to be by them self

Back
Top Bottom