Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

That's good to know. I have a three-hutch pen. Can the pigeons just fly around outside of the pen? Would my cats eat them? One cat lives IN the chicken coop
I suppose you could do that. Dusky had no coop whatsoever, she found some place to go when the weather went bad, but we offered her a nest box underneath the back porch. she was legitimately 100% free. she stayed with me purely at her own free will. I did this for an advanced learning class, and it turned into alot more very quickly

Want to make a new flight for my birds but we are possible moving so something permanent is out of the question. I do have an old jumbo satellite dish that I am going to use as a permanent housing with other dishes connected to it once we get a bigger place. For the time being I have the dish and an old 10x10 dog kennel. Can standard pigeons get out of that kind of wire? I know I am going to have to reinforce the top edges and bottom and door. I am also going to put a skirt around the bottom to keep things from digging in like predators and my rabbits. Going to put down some sand as a flooring (use it in my chicken coops).

The main question is can pigeons fit threw chain link fencing?

My pom pom pom, pomeranian pouter hen! She is on my devon here. She likes the mirror, i rescuedher because a breeder had two birds mate that were not supposed to. She was sick and full of guano, and brown stained. Ppl like that shouldnt have birds. I dont know where she was concieved, th local pigeon man had her one day when i went in to browse his stock. Gorgeous, good friend, her name is 'pants'. When u rescue them from death, they always remember.

I really wanna raise pigeons and I'm wondering how many pigeons I can put in a coop that's 4x4 foot and about 6 and a half feet tall,also attached to the coop is a 20x20 pen that's 6 feet tall and there's bushes,stumps,and it's nice and secure. Thanks in advance

I'm no pro, chicken farmer, but that sounds like plenty of room for pigeons. My pigeons/chicken coop is about 3x4 and 6' tall. Plus, it has a small run attached. I have 6 pigeons in there and about 6 silkies.
My neighbor has a long chain-link dog run and she has about 15 pigeons in it. Plenty of room.
Good luck! What breed do you have in mind?

Back
Top Bottom