Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

No free flying going on here. The Great Horned Owl that just moved in now has a friend. They are doing well at reducing the rodents but I have to make sure everyone else is locked up.

We have been down in the teens at night, I was surprised to find 9 eggs while watering today. I'm not holding out much hope for them hatching.
Wow.. I love owls.... can you get some pics of them?

One of my half fantail babies

@Hokum Coco

The ones with chests all the way out look way too freaky , my boy isn't anywhere near that particular standard but he's got a lovely tail.

Ahh! Yours might be the Indian fantail breed. If I could obtain some close to home I would definitely have some. Those are the ones I admire. Here is a picture of a champion Indian fantail I would love to obtain.

Last edited:
I have fantail pigeon mating pair and the son. The son is separate for now but Il hoping to get some company for him when the pair produce offspring. There has been a couple of times where they produced eggs and "brooded" them only to have to take away the eggs after weeks of nothing happening. This time I kept a closer eye and noticed that when the female took over egg duty she did not seem to care to tuck the eggs under her. I took that opportunity to grab these eggs and put them in the incubator I have running with quail egg in it. I gave mama two of her old eggs that I had saved. Im planning to keep the fertile and developing (I candled them to make certain) eggs in the incubator up until just hatching then slip them under the the one on the dud eggs and remove the duds. Does this sound like a good plan to counteract poor parenting? How many days for the eggs to hatch in fantails? Suggestions on how much prior to hatch I should switch out the eggs? Im guessing they are now about five days into the brooding process.

Back
Top Bottom