Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

Ok, who here has candled piggy eggs? What's the earliest you see signs of life if the egg is viable? And if they aren't, can I just take them away or do I have to worry about the piggys staying broody, like my ducks sometimes do?
And if they don't hath within a day of two of the due date, then they'll roll the dead/infertile eggs out.

I'll candle in a day or two then. We'll see how it goes. As of this moment, there's still only 2 eggs. Hopefully when I get up in the morning, there will still be only 2.... And even more hopefully, one of the piggys will be wearing a sign that says "hello, my name is ***** I'm the boy"... Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:
Ok, who here has candled piggy eggs? What's the earliest you see signs of life if the egg is viable? And if they aren't, can I just take them away or do I have to worry about the piggys staying broody, like my ducks sometimes do?

I can see veining at day 3. Pigeon eggs so much easier than chickens!

X2!
I usually candle them and can see life around 3 days, it is really cool to see the little heart beating in the egg
love.gif

If you take the eggs away they should stop being broody in a day or two.

Crud. Now there's 3 eggs.

I am guessing you have a lesbian pair back yard buddy. Just for the record I did have a lesbian pair that were how should I say a little slutty. They raised 4 squabs well technically 3 squabs as I put one egg under another pair who laid at approximately the same time. You probably will have a 4 egg laid soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom