Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

Homer and Odyssey!

I have a question regarding pigeon parents feeding the babies. How soon after hatching the babies do the parent piggys feed the babies? Since I've done all the feedings for all the birds before, this is all new! And how long is too long before they feed?

[COLOR=FF0000]A squab can go at least 24 hours on the yolk sac when it hatches. It would be endanger of dying if it went any longer than that. It is also very susceptible[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]to cold and can die if not incubated by the parents.[/COLOR]

Momma Epic is keeping them snugly warm. They seem to have some food in their crops. I'll keep an eye on them. With 3 babies I'll probably end up helping out a bit. Epic and Storm are super tolerant of me looking at the babies. When I checked them after hatching and again this morning Epic let me reach right in and when I put each one back, she stood up and preened/fluffed her belly feathers and sat right back down. Storm sat on my shoulder and growled!! There's a definite runt. Almost completely naked and much smaller. I'll make sure that one is being looked after. I have noticed that both mommies hum when they're taking their turn sitting. It's very cute.

Just checked the babies.... Doing well!! They had food in their crops. I did top off the runt though. His crop didn't have much in it. I'll be keeping a close eye on him. All 3 were snuggled under momma Storm.
Homer and Odyssey are getting some outside sunshine time. I've been keeping a seed and water dish in their tote and I'm noticing that they're taking a lot less formula!!!

Momma Epic is keeping them snugly warm. They seem to have some food in their crops. I'll keep an eye on them. With 3 babies I'll probably end up helping out a bit. Epic and Storm are super tolerant of me looking at the babies. When I checked them after hatching and again this morning Epic let me reach right in and when I put each one back, she stood up and preened/fluffed her belly feathers and sat right back down. Storm sat on my shoulder and growled!! There's a definite runt. Almost completely naked and much smaller. I'll make sure that one is being looked after. I have noticed that both mommies hum when they're taking their turn sitting. It's very cute.

Where did these eggs come from? Cause short down at hatch could mean he is a special color like dilute or brown.
love.gif
That's so cute the momma pidgies hum while sitting on the nest! I haven't noticed mine doing that.
Hope the little runty one catches up.

Where did these eggs come from? Cause short down at hatch could mean he is a special color like dilute or brown.
:love That's so cute the momma pidgies hum while sitting on the nest! I haven't noticed mine doing that.
Hope the little runty one catches up.

These are from ferals. I know that the parents were the typical stone blue. Can they have a different colored baby?
The humming is from Epic. The black and white piggy!! It's very low and she only does it if she doesn't know I'm there. Storm seems to be the better feeder parent. Epic, not so much... Thank goodness I've gotten good at this hand feeding thing!

Back
Top Bottom