Everything Chicken Chatter Thread

I generally only add corn in the winter months, to help them keep warm through the night. I buy the big bags of grains separately, and the feed store mixes them into a scratch blend for me. That way I know what my featherbabies are getting 😂
I only give corn during the winter too.

Plus any other scratch is also considered a treat, & should be given in moderation. It shouldn't be given a the only source of food since it raises a higher risk for fatty liver Disease. Too much corn, & Black Oil Sunflower seeds are couple that will cause problems if fed to often, or as a main diet.

Sorry, was setting two more batches of eggs. It varies depending on what they have on hand. Usually oats, barley, split dried peas, wheat, etc... They don't get very much, just a small handful for them all to squabble over

Sorry, was setting two more batches of eggs. It varies depending on what they have on hand. Usually oats, barley, split dried peas, wheat, etc... They don't get very much, just a small handful for them all to squabble over
It's okay.

Is that really all they get?

I let my birds have food 24/7, & refill the feeders every once in awhile.

One thing about the commercial feeds is they're a complete balance of grains, & essential Vitamins/minerals. But it varies from bag, to bag. Two I would recommend are Purina Flock Raiser, & Nutrena Naturewise Pellets.

It's okay.

Is that really all they get?

I let my birds have food 24/7, & refill the feeders every once in awhile.

One thing about the commercial feeds is they're a complete balance of grains, & essential Vitamins/minerals. But it varies from bag, to bag. Two I would recommend are Purina Flock Raiser, & Nutrena Naturewise Pellets.
Nooooo, they have access to pellets 24/7. They get a small handful of the scratch in early evening during the cold months, then in the summer I switch it up to greens from the garden. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough on that, lol

Nooooo, they have access to pellets 24/7. They get a small handful of the scratch in early evening during the cold months, then in the summer I switch it up to greens from the garden. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough on that, lol
Oh, okay.

Sometimes I'm not clear on things either.

I'm questioning the lineage of the Hoover's Hatchery Orpingtons greatly right now. For some reason I'm finding Gamefowl Traits within my Project Orpingtons, & Hoover's is where I source my Orpingtons for the Partridge genes they carry.

I just put a deposit down for these sexy beasts. Can't wait to take my road trip to Ohio to pick them up. Thanks for the referral to that breeder! He said the light one is female and the front left one is a roo, but is unsure about the darker one on the right. Looks like a roo to me.

fotor_1618337817197.jpg

I just put a deposit down for these sexy beasts. Can't wait to take my road trip to Ohio to pick them up. Thanks for the referral to that breeder! He said the light one is female and the front left one is a roo, but is unsure about the darker one on the right. Looks like a roo to me.

View attachment 2614593
Thinking two cockerels, & a pullet. Lovely birds.

All of my chicks are females. I wanted at least 1-2 cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom