Everything I ever needed to know about capitalism

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by eggzettera, Sep 18, 2008.

1. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I learned in one book that I read when I was 3.............. (started reading @ 2 1/2).....................The Little Red Hen - no wonder I am so partial to my redheads!

What was your favorite book/story as a child & why?

Thought it may make for a fun thread.....

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The Velveteen Rabbit. I never realized the moral of the story until I grew up, but what a fantasy that story is!

3. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Goodnight Moon, hands down. I love all the stories that have a good, melodic tempo when you read them out loud to your kids. I had my mom read that book to me (twice) each night when I was little. I also enjoy the books by Paul Goble, like The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses.

eta because I was only paying partial attention while typing [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    A is for Annabelle, by Tasha Tudor; i loved all the beautiful pictures and description of the doll and her belongings.

5. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I learned how to read at four. I can't remember my favorite book when I was little like that, but at six I was enjoying Agatha Christie murder mysteries [​IMG] Seriously!

My favorite children's book is The Secret Garden. It planted the seed (pun intended) of my lifelong love of all things garden and nature.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Reinbeau, when I was that age I had every single Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys book there was!

7. mustangruss

mustangruss Chillin' With My Peeps

The "B" Book Dr. Seuss. I must have read that book a thousand times to my son too.[​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Um, I read "Roots" in fourth grade...

but way before that, I liked a book called "I Am a Bunny." Hee hee.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by