Evil is still around, but he's not growing? *PICS*

Rabbit pellets are mostly alfalfa, maybe he'd do well with some alfalfa hay. He looks small, but healthy. Maybe he's just petite.
hu.gif

Quote:
If I start buying food specifically for Evil, DH will have me committed. The gamebird scratch has 7 different grains in it, including alfalfa pellets and he seems to like it, so he'll have to make do.

Now I have just have to worry about him meeting up with that big ol' mocassin.
hmm.png

Quote:
Actually my understanding is that lettuce isn't really good for them. Too much water content. Not good for Guinea Pigs or Hamsters either. Cabbage on the other hand!

How do buns get their protein to help them grow? I have no idea. I had a big white rabbit that we fed pellets to as a kid.

Iceberg lettuce isn't good, but others such as Kale, Romaine, Green Leaf are, they have lots of vitamins and good stuff in them. Just an FYI.

Thanks! I was thinking that the darker greens were better for them. I just remember as a kid with hamsters being told that lettuce wasn't good, that it made for loose stools. Back then I think Iceberg is all anyone ate, lol.

Quote:
awe!! adorable....... sort of evil in the eyes tho. (btw: i know its the camera!)

Last edited:
Bun of that age not growing can be a stomach problem which turns up about a week after their mom weaned them, enteritis has a particular smell and the animals has a dirty butt. Not all of them will feel terrible from it(and die), some just get real skinny for a while before it cures itself.

Best not feed gamebird feed, it's way way way too rich and will give his digestion grief. (check out bunny digestions, it's a weird wonderful mechanism) Buns in general so well on 17% protein, unless it's an adult buck or non-mommy doe, they do better on 14% (or they'll get fat).

As for salads and stuff -- they eat anything safely, and water content is good, they need lots of moisture, the problem with lettuce from the shop is the amount of bacteria on the stuff, not the actual leaves themselves.

Feed him some kale. Like others have said, he may just be petite, but all of our domestic rabbits and a few wilds that I raised have all done well with kale added to their regular diet.

Back
Top Bottom