Ewwww Dinty Moore stew!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by gritsar, Jun 18, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    In our latest attempt to get Charlie dog to eat something my DH reaches far back in the pantry and pulls out a can of Dinty Moore canned stew. [​IMG]
    I'm not sure why we bought it. I think the last time we stocked the pantry for an expected winter storm we had a momentary lapse of reason and actually thought one of us would get that hungry.
    Charlie dog is one smart dog. She wouldn't eat it either. [​IMG]
    My DH said give it to "Mikey", Mikey will eat it. Mikey is his collective name for my chickens.
    Sure enough, Mikey scarfed it down. I think I liked it better when they were eating frogs. [​IMG]

2. Creativedogma

Creativedogma In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2009
    Arizona
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I'm with the dog: I'd rather eat canned dog food than Dinty Moore "soup".

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm with you. Something about canned meat that's been soaking in gravy and getting all mushy. [​IMG]

***Disclaimer: My DH aka redneck man has got me eating treet meat from time to time. We fry it for sandwiches and I pretend I'm eating a hamburger. [​IMG]

5. damselfish

damselfish Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I think the funniest part of the whole deal is that your chickens are collectively named Mikey! [​IMG]

6. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Songster

Quote:Too funny!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    For some awful reason Mr. Saddi will eat that stuff out of a can, cold..... I think it reminds him of growing up with a mama that didn't cook. :sickbyc

8. kingmt

kingmt Songster

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Songster

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    Quote:[​IMG] all of my girls are Gladys, maybe the Gladys and Mikey can meet up?

I will not eat Dinty Moore, it looks and smells like canned dawg food [​IMG]

Wishing you guys the best comfort you can find for Charlie [​IMG]

10. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:[​IMG] I love the fact that your chickens are collectively called "Mikey". I think that's one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: