Ex battery hens

Conordoherty

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
Hi I am currently keeping 11 ex battery hens with my own flock, my own flock have gotten dull and sick since the battery hens were introduced to them any help appreciate

Did you not quarantine the battery hens for 4 weeks prior to adding them to your existing flock?

How many non battery hens are there in your flock and what ages and breeds?

What do you feed them?

How big are your coop and run?

What exactly are the symptoms of your sick chickens? Diarrhea? How does the poop look (photos)?

no ddint quarantine was first time buying and never heard about quarantining on internet all non battery hens are two years old there’s 5 of them leghorns, rir, and a barnavelder. There fed on layers pellets and corn the run has plenty of space for all of the hens. Water is dripping from its mouth all the time won’t fly on perch and it’s always sitting in the one spot

no ddint quarantine was first time buying and never heard about quarantining on internet all non battery hens are two years old there’s 5 of them leghorns, rir, and a barnavelder. There fed on layers pellets and corn the run has plenty of space for all of the hens. Water is dripping from its mouth all the time won’t fly on perch and it’s always sitting in the one spot

This seems to be some compacted crop issue.

Separate the hen in a wire crate or dog crate without bedding.

Feel her crop, does it feel like a hard ball or is it soft and squishy?

How does her poop look?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/crop-is-always-full.1392955/post-22861135

FFC5FAB5-EBDD-46B1-8E38-76168FF695AB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom