Excessive amount of Ants in duck coop

Summer_

Quacking
Apr 24, 2022
Indiana
hey so um how can I control ants…? They made it into our duck coop and there are way too many. You know how on those nature shows they show ants but there are so many you can’t see anything else below them? That’s what is happening on a section of the coop. It’s where the ducks like to rest. they‘ll be eaten alive one day, they keep sitting there

I had ants in my chicken coop the other day. Lots of them. I let the chickens out, sprayed the ants with pet safe bug killer, and by the time the chickens roosted for the night, the bug killer was dry and the ants were dead. I cleaned up as many dead ants as I could to prevent my chickens from eating them(considering how they died). Make sure you clean the coop good, no broken eggs around or anything that would attract ants. Good luck!

Thanks! There haven’t been eggs yet, the duck i thing is female could be male… I’ll see what I can do for now. Thanks for responding!

By coop I meant the run part. Their coop has no ants. They’re usually in the run, preferring being outside of their coop. I let them outside for 5-6 hrs n the morning, then another 1 hour and 30 min before they go to sleep. By outside I mean completely outside

Would a bug killer be dry by the time I put them back in their run?
Depends on which one you used but if you let them outside in the morning, sprayed, then they came in at bedtime, I see no reason why it wouldn't be dry. Again, make sure you use a pet safe one

Check out Amdro. 1) I read a long time ago, its main ingredient is not poisonous to ducks. Of course, the ingredient may have changed... 2) regardless, you can either use the bait stations, or make your own bait station by cutting a hole in the lid of a tupperware container (or a few of them). Place them inside the ducks' area. Make the holes small enough that the bait doesn't spill out, but the ants can get in and out easily.

Check out Amdro. 1) I read a long time ago, its main ingredient is not poisonous to ducks. Of course, the ingredient may have changed... 2) regardless, you can either use the bait stations, or make your own bait station by cutting a hole in the lid of a tupperware container (or a few of them). Place them inside the ducks' area. Make the holes small enough that the bait doesn't spill out, but the ants can get in and out easily.
thanks! I’ll see if I can get that

Depends on which one you used but if you let them outside in the morning, sprayed, then they came in at bedtime, I see no reason why it wouldn't be dry. Again, make sure you use a pet safe one
I usually bring them back in around 12 (let them out at 8 a.m.) but today they seem happy in the shade under our porch so I’m bringing them back in at 3:00

Back
Top Bottom