Excited! Just ordered Chicks from Ideal.

Yesterday I ordered 10 chicks total from Ideal Poultry and they will ship out on Oct. 28.
This is what I ordered:
- 7 White Egg Layer Assortment
- 3 Red Star
It will be fun trying to find out which breeds are in the White Egg Layer Assortment.
I re-read your post. Sorry, I misread it and thought they were coming today. Good luck when you get them. I only wanted to show that Ideal usually puts a contact phone number on the label. :oops: You may get some Leghorn's for your white egg layers. I love my Leghorns but they do tend to be more flighty than my other breeds. Again, good luck and have fun...

I will post pictures as soon as I get them :)
I'm just a bit worried because its been weirdly very cold in my area and where the chicks are traveling thru (freezing temperatures).
As I said in a previous post, at least in my past experiences, the hatcheries usually put heat packs in with the chicks when it's colder out especially with smaller orders. Now every year I hatch out my own chicks.:jumpy

Hopefully, they will be ok.
They do pack them with lil warmers inside the box.
When you get them, inspect them, place them in the brooder and give them Electrolytes in they're water dish. This is very important. If one won't drink, dip the little beak into the dish. Keep them in a very quiet and dark out of all breezes place and don't disturb them too much as they are very stressed.
Also, make a little feeder Mash with their Chick Starter. I take the coolness off of the ekectrolye water before I mix it with the feed. Medicated if they were not vaccinated prior to shipment.

I re-read your post. Sorry, I misread it and thought they were coming today. Good luck when you get them. I only wanted to show that Ideal usually puts a contact phone number on the label. :oops: You may get some Leghorn's for your white egg layers. I love my Leghorns but they do tend to be more flighty than my other breeds. Again, good luck and have fun...
I asked Ideal just now what breeds might be included in the White Egg Layer Assortment and they said: White Leghorns and their Ideal 236.
Lol I bet it will be tough to figure out which one is which.
I can't wait to see the Red Stars too.

Hopefully, they will be ok.
They do pack them with lil warmers inside the box.
When you get them, inspect them, place them in the brooder and give them Electrolytes in they're water dish. This is very important. If one won't drink, dip the little beak into the dish. Keep them in a very quiet and dark out of all breezes place and don't disturb them too much as they are very stressed.
Also, make a little feeder Mash with their Chick Starter. I take the coolness off of the ekectrolye water before I mix it with the feed. Medicated if they were not vaccinated prior to shipment.
I will definitely do that :)
They were shipped on the 27th and it says on the tracking that they will arrive on the 30th.
The chicks are only vaccinated against Marek's.
I have everything ready and just am hoping for the best when I pick them up.

An Ideal 236 is Ideal's variety. They tend to be slightly larger than their standard Leghorn. They may have black specks/spots or a little more of a yellow color in their feathers. I have heritage Leghorns which tend to be a little larger than a standard Leghorn. Have fun...

Back
Top Bottom