Excited Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by asphaltwarrior1, Nov 4, 2018.

1. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Songster

Nov 4, 2018
    Loch Sheldrake New York
    Yes I actually cleaned and disinfected it today with a bleach water solution and should be good to go now. Temps here have been up and down from 30's for a low at night to high 40's - 60's mid 70's during the day. Weirdest Fall temps I've seen in a while lol.

2. FlappyFeathers

FlappyFeathers Crossing the Road

Feb 5, 2018
    Northwest Oregon
    My Coop
    Right on!! :thumbsup Sounds like you're doing great. I'm sure you guys are gonna be great chicken parents!

3. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow :welcome

Thanks for joining us! :celebrate

4. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Songster

Nov 4, 2018
    Loch Sheldrake New York
    I'm very appreciative of all the welcoming thoughts and advice. I've been on many forums for different things over the years and from what I've seen this is by far the smoothest running as far as people staying in check with attitudes. Looking forward to learning how to care for our newest children .

5. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Addicted To Birds

Welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining, it’s great to have you here! :welcome :wee

6. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Songster

Nov 4, 2018
    Loch Sheldrake New York
    I've decided that I wanted to have the birds on the outside of the garden so I started building this shelter to house the Coop and it gives them a bigger run and an area for me to put up a few roosting poles in the run to keep them from getting bored .

Attached Files:

7. N F C

N F C coffee time!

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Your flock will enjoy the larger space!

fldiver97, rjohns39, puffypoo and 4 others like this.
  8. FlappyFeathers

FlappyFeathers Crossing the Road

Feb 5, 2018
    Northwest Oregon
    My Coop
    OOOH! Can I make a quick suggestion if it's not too late? If your new run will be covered, you might want to have the slope face the opposite direction. Even a small roof will dump lots of water on the coop and flood the area right underneath. Or a gutter would work too. But that'll be a great hang out space for them, especially with the roosting bars... good thinking!

I have no idea what other sites are like... but there's a Jokes & Games section here too!
    You might want to check it out. My 7year old daughter wants her own account so she can play along and post comments, but I think the minimum age requirement is... 12? There's other fun forums as well... one of my favorite threads is Chicken Shaming to Lighten the Mood. (it's another one we read together)

9. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Songster

Nov 4, 2018
    Loch Sheldrake New York

I'm actually moving the Coop inside that area so it will be covered and protected. Good catch though as I realized that too

10. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Songster

Nov 4, 2018
    Loch Sheldrake New York
    I'm basically getting this all together for now and will be moving that run over and attaching it to that shed back there in the spring. That shed will become the main coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: