Excited Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by asphaltwarrior1, Nov 4, 2018.

1. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Chirping

Nov 4, 2018
    Loch Sheldrake New York
    My wife grew up on a farm and always loved chickens. We are a family of 5 and have the opportunity to start out own chickens . The kids are excited as we are to take this adventure together. We have one of those small starter chicken coops I bought off Facebook marketplace recently and a woman from church has some fresh hatched Buff Orpingtons to give us. I have to predator proof everything yet and for a start were gonna have the Coop inside our garden for added protection. Thanks for adding us and we look forward to getting our Chicken Game on with y'all

2. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new chicken project.

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

3. Welcome to BYC! Raising chickens is an exiting adventure and I'm sure you'll love it. :)

4. Silkies rule Forever

Silkies rule Forever Songster

Jan 2, 2018
    Florida
    Welcome to BYC :welcome:yesss::woot

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your chicks. Have a plan for the extra cockerels.

6. N F C

N F C whaz sup?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    smiley welcome 5.gif

Hi, it's nice to have you here! Make yourself at home and always feel free to ask questions.

7. ame087192

ame087192 Songster

Dec 28, 2015
    Clovis, CA
    Welcome to the Flock!!! Buff's are the sweetest things, you'll enjoy them:)

8. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Chirping

Nov 4, 2018
    Loch Sheldrake New York
    I had to look that up lol but our plan is to keep one for helping with our hens and ( I hope not to offend ) harvest the others for food.

9. DobieLover

DobieLover Free Ranging

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    You offend no one by harvesting your extra cockerels to feed your family. There is no shame in that! I would if I could.

10. rjohns39

rjohns39 Enabler

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

ETA: Enjoy your new adventure

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: