Excited to become a member!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LearningChicken, Mar 23, 2013.

1. LearningChicken

LearningChicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2013
    California
    I have never had chickens before and decided that it was time. We purchased 9 chickens, 2 Polish, 2 Silver Leghorns, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Blue Wyandotte, and my ULTIMATE Favorite White Frizzle. I had no clue what we were really getting into or how much fun "the girls" would be!!!

They were only about a week old [​IMG]when we got them and raised them for over a month in the house. Finally, my husband and I built them their own private house. (I will post pictures of their giant coop later.)

About 2 months into our adventure I learned that I do NOT have 9 "girls" as I thought. I have 7 girls and 2 boys!!! At least so far. I hope that the other 7 are still girls in a few weeks!

Each of our Chickens have a name. We have Fluffy, Zoe, Chleo, Henrietta, Meanstein (one of the boys) Rod (Who is a girl!), Modelo, Especial, & Einstein. [​IMG]Einstein is my favorite and the white frizzle who really lives up to his name! He is the smartest chicken and comes to me when I call him. He even helps me round up the girls when it is bedtime. Einstein happily climbs in my lap when I sit down and follows me around anywhere I go. He even gently eats out of my hand while all of the other girls peck hard!! I NEVER knew that chickens could have such a personality.

I have had more fun with my chickens and really could not imagine my life without them! I have already used this site to guide me in my adventure and I look forward to being able to interact and continue learning from all of you!!!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, LearningChicken, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Sounds like you are having the time of your life with your chickens! Good luck and have fun!!

3. White Leghorn

White Leghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hello and [​IMG] from Western NC! PM me with any questions you have!

4. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio...so glad you joined BYC

Your chickens sound adorable, especially your frizzle rooster. My rooster is a sweetie pie too. Very gentle

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012