Excited to become a member!!!

LearningChicken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
California
I have never had chickens before and decided that it was time. We purchased 9 chickens, 2 Polish, 2 Silver Leghorns, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Blue Wyandotte, and my ULTIMATE Favorite White Frizzle. I had no clue what we were really getting into or how much fun "the girls" would be!!!

They were only about a week old
jumpy.gif
when we got them and raised them for over a month in the house. Finally, my husband and I built them their own private house. (I will post pictures of their giant coop later.)

About 2 months into our adventure I learned that I do NOT have 9 "girls" as I thought. I have 7 girls and 2 boys!!! At least so far. I hope that the other 7 are still girls in a few weeks!

Each of our Chickens have a name. We have Fluffy, Zoe, Chleo, Henrietta, Meanstein (one of the boys) Rod (Who is a girl!), Modelo, Especial, & Einstein.
love.gif
Einstein is my favorite and the white frizzle who really lives up to his name! He is the smartest chicken and comes to me when I call him. He even helps me round up the girls when it is bedtime. Einstein happily climbs in my lap when I sit down and follows me around anywhere I go. He even gently eats out of my hand while all of the other girls peck hard!! I NEVER knew that chickens could have such a personality.

I have had more fun with my chickens and really could not imagine my life without them! I have already used this site to guide me in my adventure and I look forward to being able to interact and continue learning from all of you!!!

Hello and welcome from Ohio...so glad you joined BYC

Your chickens sound adorable, especially your frizzle rooster. My rooster is a sweetie pie too. Very gentle

Back
Top Bottom