Excited to learn newbie here from Va

MorningGloryMountain

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2021
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Good morning my name is KC. Was tired to the rat race HOA communities so my husband and I bought some property at the top of a mountain built our downsized forever home and I purchased 8 chics in May. I have 7 hens and 1 adorable rooster. This is all so new to me but I'm loving every minute of it and can't wait to learn from you!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 7 hens and 1 rooster

(3) What breeds do you have? This is what I was told I was getting when I purchased them. I purchased my hens from Royal King in front royal, va. Here's what I scribbled on the box the day I brought them home. Golden Comet, Silver lace Wyandotte, Delaware Brown, Brown Easter Egger, white americana, a Frizzle (my rooster) and a Sapphire olive egg layer. Forgive me if any of this is seems incorrect cause I honestly don't know. I'm super excited as "someone" is laying eggs all very small in size and olive colar. I have gotten 8 eggs in 2 days I'm so excited and proud.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? my all time favoite aspect is just spending time with them, learning their personalities, raising healthy hens to provide for the family and friends.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Hobbies are a tough one for me since i've spent the last 21 years raising children they have and will always be my top priority. I would love to learn photograpy, I have always had an interest but have never had the time to learn. I enjoy hiking, fishing, boating, and being outside in nature.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Married for 23 years, 6 children, aside from my hens I have raised sugar gliders for 15 years, I have a 12 year old maltese, a 10 month old shepherd, and an 18 month old cat. I'm a fullfillment manager for Lowe's and I'm excited to connect and learn more here.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I may have seen it mentioned on Facebook but i'm not sure however, now that i'm feeling more confident i wanted to be a part of a group that could help me grow in my understanding and learn all I can.
I've posted the pictures. Meet Billy, (black) Mayo, Daisy, Butterscotch, Bourban, Canoli, Rootie (rooster) Sophie, Arlo, Louie, the eggs lol, and Penelope

IMG_5134.jpg
IMG_5125 (1).jpg
IMG_5133.jpg
IMG_5129.jpg
IMG_5136.jpg
IMG_5130.jpg
IMG_5148.jpg
IMG_4939 (1).jpg
IMG_4933.jpg
IMG_4942.jpg
IMG_5157.jpg
View recent photos.jpg