Exciting Saxony eggs in incubator story

saxonyduck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 4, 2008
Mountain View
This is a horrible, horrible thing that will hopefully turn into something good.

Here are Jimmy, Elvis and Joey (Joey is the female). We hatched them from eggs from a breeder in Michigan in 2008

12729_p1240656.jpg

Jimmy and Elvis were killed by predators on the 23rd - Joey was in a separate pen.

So we decided to try to incubate her eggs. On the 29th we put 12 eggs in - 8 from before they died and 4 from after they died. All but the last two had been in the fridge.

And tonight................ We have four heartbeats!!!!! All different ages of eggs - totally random!

We're trying hard not to count before they hatch - but we may get Jimmy/Elvis babies!

woot.gif
thats fantastic!!! I REALLY hope your eggs will hatch
fl.gif
!!! Good luck
ya.gif
and post some picks when they hatch (I am being 100% positive for you!!)
caf.gif
BEst wishes...

Thank you! We're excited but trying to stay relaxed. In the hatch they came from we started with four and one died three days before the hatch....
sad.png

Joey lays beige-y grey eggs. I guess off white would be the clearest description. I'll try to take a picture of them.

And the boys were much more handsome then that picture - they were still juveniles in that pic and look rather moth eaten!

Back
Top Bottom