Exciting Update To The BYC Coop Pages !

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We've been working on this for a while and we're excited to announce a really cool upgrade to the BYC Coop Pages!

Go to any of the Chicken Coop Pages and click on a chicken coop size category... example: small chicken coops .

Now, navigate to any of the cool chicken coop pages listed. At the top of each page you'll see something like this:

Previous | Small Coops Index | Next

From within any of the coop pages (only ones submitted and approved on BYC) you can easily navigate to the coops before or after the coop you are looking at!

This simple looking little upgrade packs a LOT of power and was really tricky to implement (A huge kudo's to our programmer for patiently working with me as I kept making changes... he's worth every penny I pay him).

Go ahead, give it a try! If you visit your own BYC Coop page (if you don't have one yet... shame on you!) you should see the navigation links to the top of the page. This signifies that your coop page has received the honor of being added to the BYC Family of really cool coop designs!

Please play with this feature and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Very Cool!!!

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Now I have to start working on my personal page!! Thanks Nifty for doing nice things for us! [​IMG]

4. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Very neat!
    I like it!
    Oh by the way, what happened to Garm's Coop?
    Am I just not seeing it?
    Please tell me!
    I liked his coop!

5. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    This is great, someone has put alot of effort into this. We have a tendency to just accept what we get on a message board, without thinking about whee it comes from. Thanks to the people who work hard to give us these neat gifts. [​IMG]

6. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Thanks Nifty! And really give a big thanks to all the "behind the scene folks" who help you out! This is the BEST website of them all!![​IMG]

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    thank you for the neat changes [​IMG] [​IMG]

wendy

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks everyone, glad you like it. It is amazing how something that looks so simple is actually pretty complex. This took my programmer quite a bit longer to complete than both of us expected. At one point I had told him that we had already put too much time and money into it and to just forget it... but then I decided it would just be a really cool addition so we pushed forward.

Joebwe, Garms coop is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=16313-garms-chicken-coop

I
    hope to see everyone's coops added to those pages!!

9. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Nifty, I've said it before and I'll say it again....You Rock!

10. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

Great improvements to the coop page. A big thank you to all of you who work so diligently behind the scenes.....your efforts are greatly appreciated!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by