Expecting twin ducklings!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CSJACKSONTM, Dec 28, 2015.

1. CSJACKSONTM

CSJACKSONTM Just Hatched

Dec 28, 2015
    Bryan, Texas
    I have twin ducklings that were due December 27th. Neither has pipped but I can still hear them. What should I do!? The angst is quickly growing!
    Tim

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

Twins as in two ducklings in one egg or two eggs that are siblings? A tough call. If your humidity and temperature levels are right and constant, I'd wait. Assisted hatches are best left to those with loads of experience. Most do not survive. A bit too soon or too late and the duckling dies. Try to be patient. Good luck.

3. CSJACKSONTM

CSJACKSONTM Just Hatched

Dec 28, 2015
    Bryan, Texas
    Twins is in a double Ovum egg; one egg, two ducklings.

4. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    So its been 48 hours since they pipped internally? Have they externally pipped yet? They probably don't have enough room to zip and will expire. How amazing to have made it this far! Are you considering helping? I probably wouldn't be able to resist if they've been struggling so long. Good luck! Please update!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  5. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    From what I've read, most twins don't make it. You will need to assist to give them any chance at all, since they will not have room to zip, maybe not even position themselves to pip.

Here's a video of someone hatching twin chicks:

Good luck!

6. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

X 2 and the best of luck to you. Please post the results.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by