Expecting twin ducklings!

I have twin ducklings that were due December 27th. Neither has pipped but I can still hear them. What should I do!? The angst is quickly growing!
Tim

Twins as in two ducklings in one egg or two eggs that are siblings? A tough call. If your humidity and temperature levels are right and constant, I'd wait. Assisted hatches are best left to those with loads of experience. Most do not survive. A bit too soon or too late and the duckling dies. Try to be patient. Good luck.

So its been 48 hours since they pipped internally? Have they externally pipped yet? They probably don't have enough room to zip and will expire. How amazing to have made it this far! Are you considering helping? I probably wouldn't be able to resist if they've been struggling so long. Good luck! Please update!

Last edited:
From what I've read, most twins don't make it. You will need to assist to give them any chance at all, since they will not have room to zip, maybe not even position themselves to pip.

Here's a video of someone hatching twin chicks:

Good luck!

From what I've read, most twins don't make it.  You will need to assist to give them any chance at all, since they will not have room to zip, maybe not even position themselves to pip.

Here's a video of someone hatching twin chicks:  

Good luck!

X 2 and the best of luck to you. Please post the results.

Back
Top Bottom