Experienced Silkie exhibitors question

Quote:
This sounds like a question for ASBC, which of us wants to post it? I've been wracking my brain about the Nationals last year and whether I noticed feathers on the fourth and fifth toes but I can't and I was up close and personal with two of the breeders' birds.

Go for it Robin....I don't have much luck when I post on ASBC
hide.gif

Just wanted to ask if anyone has an official update on this question? I asked Bobbi Porto her opinion and she said that feathering on all five toes would be an added bonus.

Quote:
I have no idea who Marjorie Best is but there is nothing in the Standard to suggest that feathering on the 4th & 5th toes is a problem. It is neither a d/q or a defect. If a judge were to penalize a bird for this feathering & his/her decision was protested the protest would be upheld.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have no idea who Marjorie Best is but there is nothing in the Standard to suggest that feathering on the 4th & 5th toes is a problem. It is neither a d/q or a defect. If a judge were to penalize a bird for this feathering & his/her decision was protested the protest would be upheld.

Good to know. Mrs. Best has been exhibiting silkies in the PNW for many years. Her health is not as good as it once was, and I hope she can continue with her birds for many years.

I can't recall who, but a silkie breeder's bird was DQed last year for too many foot feathers. Most of us thought it ridiculous. I'll look & see if I can find the information. It was probably discussed on the silkie club website.

Back
Top Bottom