Expired Vetericyn?

PastaChickenBoo

Songster
6 Years
Mar 11, 2017
MD
I have a bottle of Vetericyn that I recently used to treat a hen's skin condition. However, its expiration date was January of last year. Is it still safe to use?

I’d say its safe, but by now it’s lost some of it’s potency and effectiveness. If you choose to still use it, you just have to see if it’s effective in healing. If not, then it’s time for a new bottle. January of last year is a long time ago.

I toss out any expired supplements or antiseptic as soon as I notice and replace.
I won't count on expired products to fulfill the need.
I recently replaced these, 20200326_090305_resized_1.jpg , all were unopened.
The wound spray and ointment were over a year past exp. The Nutri-Drench was a month past.
I checked the dates when someone asked what chicken supplies we keep.
If the need was there, I would've used, but would replace the next time I went to TSC. GC

I think it's fine then. The Vetericyn in question was stored in a dark shed along with other chicken supplies.

Well, you don't want it to get over-heated or frozen...so in the house is best, IMO.
I have trouble storing things easily here in the Bay Area. When we have heat waves, the temp inside the house is the same as the temp outside. We don’t have AC and the house isn’t insulated well.

I have trouble storing things easily here in the Bay Area. When we have heat waves, the temp inside the house is the same as the temp outside. We don’t have AC and the house isn’t insulated well.
Yeah, I don't have AC either, but lower level of house is underground to the south so that helps.

Back
Top Bottom