Expired yogurt?

or rancid. since yogurt has already been fermented, it takes a lot for it to go bad.

i use expiration dates as guidelines, not absolutes. some stuff out lives expiration dates by months or years. like bottled water, which doesn't really expire at all.

My general rule of thumb is that if I am not willing to eat something, I won't give it to anyone else either.

If something's expired by just a day and still smells perfect I'm sure that would be fine.
JJ

Quote:
Yes. I just recently was feeding my chickens expired yogurt. It was at least a week expired. Just give it a stir and smell it. The expiration date is just an approximate date. The chickens will love it! : )

Wish I would have known this. I threw out almost a whole container of yogurt because it had expired.
roll.png

There are supposed to be less active cultures alive in it the older it gets. I read the somewhere. And yes sour cream can get more sour or stronger in taste, but I don't mind. VERY rarely does it mold in this house or for that matter go out of date.

Yogurt's spoiled milk already. Don't know why they date it. The cup should say "even worse after June 9th".
Actually I like yogurt & as to the OP's question I'd say if it's so nasty you wouldn't eat it don't feed it to the chickens. I ate a cup of yogurt this morning that was a month out of date & it was fine.

Back
Top Bottom