Exposing the Fraud of Grocery Store Organic Eggs

Wow! Just Wow! Now I want to move away from this planet also
hide.gif

Yeah, but that article is a pretty good example of why peoples opinions and belief systems can get skewed so awry...

I've had numerous friends quote some ridiculous thing they read on Facebook, and they will swear it's true because it was on Fox News or Planet Natural, etc etc...

They should sever the frontal cortex on those poor ducks used for Fois Gras, that would at least be more humane, chicken lobotomy; seriously?

:(

Ugh

Yeah, but that article is a pretty good example of why peoples opinions and belief systems can get skewed so awry...
....and the fact that someone saw it, thought it was a new thing that was going to happen (that's the impression I had) and posted it here...
.....is another example of skewed awry.

It's just the whole concept of 'growing meat' instead of 'raising chickens'. That's how the industry see it. When you consider the way that factory farms are doing it now, the whole laboratory farm concept isn't very far off.

....and the fact that someone saw it, thought it was a new thing that was going to happen (that's the impression I had) and posted it here...
.....is another example of skewed awry.

I actually remember something about that back in the 90s... They showed pictures of chickens hooked up to tubes like something out of the 'Borg' on Star Trek... It was creepy and I didn't eat chicken for a long time from it.. In fact, that's about the same time I quit eating at McDonalds, and started reading labels..

Also quit eating anything "naturally" flavored strawberry or vanilla, after discovering that the "natural" flavor came from the scent gland of a beaver... And anything red after discovering Carmine is from crushed beetle shells...

Hey, at least for now, we can be MOSTLY sure that the eggs at the market are, if anything, "all natural".

What exactly that means is what freaks me out sometimes when I gave to Google an ingredient on a box of ice cream :p

Last edited:
There is a good reason that large producers are taking over the organic egg business. The big producers turn out a better product at a lower cost. You can argue or deny it but it is the truth.

Back in the 1940s I was born on a chicken farm of considerable larger size than the woman who was selling eggs at a farmers market mentions. We kept maybe 5,000 to 7,000 hens and raised our own replacement pullets from day old chicks . There is absolutely no way that a small poultry farmer can capitalize a commercial chicken farm now by keeping what in effect is a pickup truck bed full of laying hens. If they say that they do, then there is some tax avoidance strategy or other chicanery going on.

But I will mention this, hens kept in a dry and safe cage layer environment with a non ending supply of food and fresh water are healthier and seem happier than a hen who is prey to every pest, disease, and vermin hens are subject to.
Every month it seemed saw a new rule or regulation handed down regarding how the eggs were gathered, handled, candled, treated, packed, graded, marketed, transported, washed, sterilized, or shipped. So what a farmer's market egg represents is a crap shoot about of whether or not best practices or health rules of egg production was followed.

Just so you will realize this poultry farm was diversified, besides packing eggs we also dressed our own laying hens, fryers, spring chickens, and roasters, these we sold to mom and pop grocery stores. How many of you have had a close call with a predator and experienced a total cessation of laying, maybe for weeks? Well how do you pay the light bills when the hens stop laying?

I have mentioned before how the commercial organic egg biz is a huge fraud and that hens must only be offered the great outdoors to qualify for the organic label, and it seems that I was right. No surprise to me and it shouldn't be a shock to you.

Last it seems to me that an Animal rights organization may well be playing you good folks for fools. I guarantee that a lot of the so called "humane" organizations out there would yank a hens eyes balls out by the roots with a rusty fish hook if they though that it would harm animal agriculture or bring in another dollar in donations.

Last edited:
The dark yolk comes from ingestion of carotenoids. Truly pasturing the chickens will do that. The yellow in commercial eggs is mostly from consuming yellow corn in the diet.
In Africa, the corn is mostly white and often the yolks will be very pale, almost white.

I don't think the color of the yolk definitely means they are healthier, just that the hens' diet consisted of more or less foods containing carotenoids.
In South America marry gold flowers or petals by the ton once was and I think still are added to commercial chicken feed to create dark yellows and an enhanced flavor.

Is this healthier? I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom