Exposing the Fraud of Grocery Store Organic Eggs

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Jan 23, 2013
Pocono Mtns
My Coop
My Coop
A friend of mine sent me this article entitled: "Exposing the Fraud of Grocery Store Organic Eggs". I thought it might be of interest.

This is the accompanying video. The link to the article is below the video.

0.jpg

Article: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...n=20160112Z1&et_cid=DM94950&et_rid=1308713546

Last edited:
I've seen this video before.
The USA has among the weakest rules in the world for food labeling. For example, cage free isn't what people imagine.
We can thank lobbying and money in politics.

Last edited:
It is still horrible, but not as horrible as caged hen, so at least things are moving in the right direction finally.

While you and I cringe at the way commercial enterprises raise birds, who is going to feed the billions of urbanites that can't raise their own food at a price people can afford.
The problem is overpopulation. Commercial farming will come to the rescue to provide meat to those billions of people at ever lower cost, but we see what the effects on the birds are.

While you and I cringe at the way commercial enterprises raise birds, who is going to feed the billions of urbanites that can't raise their own food at a price people can afford.
The problem is overpopulation. Commercial farming will come to the rescue to provide meat to those billions of people at ever lower cost, but we see what the effects on the birds are.

However, in a test by Mother Earth, commercial chicken eggs are far less superior in nutrition. Real free range birds produce eggs that are:

• 1⁄3 less cholesterol
• 1⁄4 less saturated fat
• 2⁄3 more vitamin A
• 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
• 3 times more vitamin E
• 7 times more beta carotene

Commercial farming might come to provide meat to billions at a lower cost, in fact, I'm sure it will, but we are talking real nutrition. What good is commercially produced when beneficial nutrition is lower because of all the crap they are injecting into livestock these days and the crap they inject into the processed meat. Just read supermarket tags....

It is still horrible, but not as horrible as caged hen, so at least things are moving in the right direction finally.

A "porch" for a few hundred chickens with a 2' x 2' door when you have 15,000 in the building is not, IMHO, moving in the right direction. These chicken egg "factories" are providing the "minimum" so they can keep within the "organic" guidelines and charge more, but these producers really don't care about quality, just money.

You're right on both counts.
Walk into a Wal-mart and ask people buying eggs or chicken if they are concerned about poultry welfare and you'll get a far away stare. Of course the nutritional value of free range eggs and meat is far superior but are most people willing to pay $6 a dozen for that or are they content with blah eggs for $2.99 a dozen from Wallyworld?

Most people have no concept of good nutrition. That's why the collective health on the planet continues to plummet.
You're preaching to the choir when presenting this stuff to me. I've been a rabid nutrition Nazi for several decades.

You're right on both counts.
Walk into a Wal-mart and ask people buying eggs or chicken if they are concerned about poultry welfare and you'll get a far away stare. Of course the nutritional value of free range eggs and meat is far superior but are most people willing to pay $6 a dozen for that or are they content with blah eggs for $2.99 a dozen from Wallyworld?

Most people have no concept of good nutrition. That's why the collective health on the planet continues to plummet.
You're preaching to the choir when presenting this stuff to me. I've been a rabid nutrition Nazi for several decades.
But mention that the chicken that they are buying lived to just a mere 8 weeks old, and it was still peeping when slaughtered and they look at you in horror.

When I've tried to tell people that they told me they don't want to know.

A friend that was a nurse wouldn't eat any of my eggs because she saw my chickens. She preferred grocery store eggs because she hadn't seen the source. I began to explain how they were housed and she didn't want to know.
She just died of cancer a few months ago.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom