Express vs. Priortity & USPS vs UPS

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
Is it safe to ship a full grown bird priority? Its guaranteed two days right?

Also does UPS ship live birds or only USPS? And UPS has a two day guarantee for less than $20 but I dont know if this includes live animals??

Dont be alarmed by my questions...im still 99% were gonna go with USPS Express, but I thought Id ask just in case.

ETA: Is the weather really that much of a factor if the bird is full grown & used to being out in it anyways...I was thinking, if anything he will at least have shelter from the wind & such? I was thinking as long as its like 10 degrees above normal (so like 40s) an adult bird thats used to it should be ok? Please correct me if Im wrong.

Last edited:
Nothing yet huh?
lau.gif
gig.gif

UPS does not handle live bird shipments as far as I know.
USPS ships live birds via Express Mail only. Priority Mail is not an option.

You wouldn't want to use UPS anyway for eggs or chicks. Not sure if they'd take 'em anyway. The reason I say is I've got experience working with UPS as a seasonal helper and if you could see how at least some of them treat your packages you'd never ship anything fragile. I saw packages that clearly said fragile or this end up get tossed like basketballs and slammed on floors. Of course this was during peak Christmas season but still. I thought if anyone tried to ship eggs they'd only get a box load of goo.

Back
Top Bottom