External pipping at 16 days!???

Ks1063

Songster
10 Years
Feb 6, 2013
I started incubating 5 days after I was given some eggs. On day 14, one egg exploded. I cleaned everything and reset the eggs. Now, on day 16, I have a few eggs externally pipped. Do I need to do anything or just wait and see what happens? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

What was the temp you were incubating at ? Did you have a calibrated thermometer?
Higher heat can cause an early hatch but don’t stress things can still be fine
If they have external pips I would lockdown up the humidity and let them finish the hatch
I just had a school do duck eggs eggs from me and hatch day came 4 days early all babies did great and are 2 weeks old
Little chicks will be the same way

What was the temp you were incubating at ? Did you have a calibrated thermometer?
Higher heat can cause an early hatch but don’t stress things can still be fine
If they have external pips I would lockdown up the humidity and let them finish the hatch
I just had a school do duck eggs eggs from me and hatch day came 4 days early all babies did great and are 2 weeks old
Little chicks will be the same way
It's a brand new 'Farm Innovators Pro Series Digital' incubator, model 4250. Temp has been 99.5-100.5°. After the egg explosion on day 14, I removed the automatic egg turner. I raised the humidity yesterday to 70%.

It's a brand new 'Farm Innovators Pro Series Digital' incubator, model 4250. Temp has been 99.5-100.5°. After the egg explosion on day 14, I removed the automatic egg turner. I raised the humidity yesterday to 70%.
Incubators new or not can be off slightly causing higher heat then we know
I always add an extra few thermometers in to be sure
Keep us posted on the littles ones

If they are hatching that early your temperatures must be too high in your incubator.

Incubators new or not can be off slightly causing higher heat then we know
I always add an extra few thermometers in to be sure
Keep us posted on the littles ones
I added another gauge. It shows temp is 91° with humidity 78%. Incubator shows temp is 100° and humidity 71%. BUT....we have a new baby chickie!!!

Back
Top Bottom