Extreme Newbie **

rham5151

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
I have been wondering around BYC for the last 5 or 6 months just looking around familarizing myself with the world of chickens. Today, a friend brought me three baby chicks from her Mountaire Chicken Farm! I am guessing that they were born on last Saturday or Sunday because they were delivered to the farm on Monday. I was just wondering if anyone knew what breed of chicken Mountaire uses. Also, they are very timid and not happy when I pick them up. I am trying to show them love but it is like they want to reject it. HELP!!

Just Trying to move it up some!
smile.png
Thanks for the help everyone

welcome-byc.gif
they will do this in the beginning. I have no clue what kind. Otherwise just keep picking them up but don't let them get cold. The more you handle them he easier it will be later down the road. Some chickens also take better to people than others. Don't take it personally if hey don't take all the way. I know my white leghorns I had were that way.

My chicks wanted nothing to do with us, untill they started to lay, now they hang out with us in the yard.
we can pick them up/pet them with out them running away.

Last edited:
Mine are 9 weeks and are still very cautious. They don't like being caught, but once I'm holding them they calm right down. They are also beginning to learn I have treats for them.

Back
Top Bottom