Extreme Possessive Aggressive Puppy, Need Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are also plenty of people who don’t know what they are doing and think they know :oops:

I honestly think its not something random people on the internet can help with or say what to do. if you what basic puppy training tips and advice that that’s fine but for aggression I think people should go to a proper trainer/behaviourist

Good points! Thats not a perspective I thought of
Yes I agree with you on professional help would be good.

I also think there's something going on between you and your dad.
No, we get along fine, he just doesn't agree with how to care for his puppy.

I'm just asking for help to fix the problems with the puppy. I was describing what we constantly deal with, plus new behaviors that's occurred. Wasn't meant to sound like an angry post about the dog.

My dad has considered a professional trainer, but all of them around here charge $1,000 a week. That's the only thing he thought about. He's not gonna do it though.

You don't have a puppy problem you have a dad problem. Everything you have described that your dad does is giving your puppy positive reinforcement for exhibiting negative behavior. What does that mean? Your puppy thinks everything you don't want her to do is actually good behavior. I was recently asked to help someone who's puppy was "bad". One of the issues they were having was the puppy jumping on everyone. I asked them to show me what they did everytime the puppy jumped. Here everytime the puppy jumped they would take a treat and toss it across the room to "distract" the puppy. I had to tell them that by throwing a treat everytime a puppy jumped they were actually rewarding the behavior not stopping it 🤦 Long story short you will not be able to fix your dogs behavior until your dad stops the positive reinforcement for bad behavior.
Yes, I tell him not to give her anything treat wise, when she misbehaves. But it's both a dad problem, & puppy problem. I tell him, only reward the good.

He even told us that she needs more work on the leash, which we know, because we(Me, Mom, & Sister) run her outside when needed.

No, we get along fine, he just doesn't agree with how to care for his puppy.

I'm just asking for help to fix the problems with the puppy. I was describing what we constantly deal with, plus new behaviors that's occurred. Wasn't meant to sound like an angry post about the dog.
Sounds like an angry post about your dad, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom