Extreme Possessive Aggressive Puppy, Need Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ususally when you first get pup if they bite, you can poke their cheeks in so they bite themselves and realize it hurts then they will curb the biting on their own. I don't know about older dogs. My dog growing up didn't listen to the whole biting thing. He doesn't bite now, and once he got older, but man those baby teeth. One time my DH was asleep in the bed, the pup came bounding in hopped on his belly and puppy teeth sliced the outside of DH on the nose cutting it like a flap. Luckily there is no scar.
View attachment 3401078
Was your puppy just biting to bite, play biting, or aggressive biting?

I'd never recommend making a dog hurt itself or hitting it, there have been no studies supporting that claim, and usually only leads to confusion. But i do find it ironic that your dad sees this as cruel

At this point not to sound harsh but it would like rehoming the pup is your best option. You need to train dad before you can train the pup. If those hide rolls are actual rawhide toss them now!! Don’t ever buy them again.

If you want her to start eating her food; 1. Stop giving treats. 2. Make sure you are feeding a healthy appetizing food. 3. Add a spoonful of wet food or 1/4c of HOT water to make it smell better.

Crate and clicker training could go a long way, but training is a constant thing. My rule is 15mins a day with a fully trained dog. You never stop training, behavior should always be corrected or reinforced.With more stubborn dogs you can’t just yell or say no. You need to be proactive, remove all potential items that cause negative behavior I.e. food left on the counter. If counter surfing occurs physically move the pup so she knows you don’t allow that.

Leash training is a whole other battle. My biggest word of advice is YOU ARE PACK LEADER! This means if she pulls AT ALL you stop and turn around. Easier said than done with a dog that pulls I know. It’s exhausting and sometimes you won’t make it past your own driveway.

This will only work if you are in it for the long haul and everyone is on the same page. Otherwise for pup’s health and well-being you are better off finding a new home.

I'd never recommend making a dog hurt itself or hitting it, there have been no studies supporting that claim, and usually only leads to confusion. But i do find it ironic that your dad sees this as cruel
He used to slap our wolf hybrids(When lived out in Oregon)on the behind with rolled up newspaper, if they misbehaved actually.

At this point not to sound harsh but it would like rehoming the pup is your best option. You need to train dad before you can train the pup. If those hide rolls are actual rawhide toss them now!! Don’t ever buy them again.

If you want her to start eating her food; 1. Stop giving treats. 2. Make sure you are feeding a healthy appetizing food. 3. Add a spoonful of wet food or 1/4c of HOT water to make it smell better.

Crate and clicker training could go a long way, but training is a constant thing. My rule is 15mins a day with a fully trained dog. You never stop training, behavior should always be corrected or reinforced.With more stubborn dogs you can’t just yell or say no. You need to be proactive, remove all potential items that cause negative behavior I.e. food left on the counter. If counter surfing occurs physically move the pup so she knows you don’t allow that.

Leash training is a whole other battle. My biggest word of advice is YOU ARE PACK LEADER! This means if she pulls AT ALL you stop and turn around. Easier said than done with a dog that pulls I know. It’s exhausting and sometimes you won’t make it past your own driveway.

This will only work if you are in it for the long haul and everyone is on the same page. Otherwise for pup’s health and well-being you are better off finding a new home.

I agree with almost everything in this post, appart from the pack leader thing. The alpha theory has been disproven countless times, so it doesn't stand. Great tips though!

But I don't think you need to find the dog a new home, as long as you take the dog from your father. This might be harsh, but he's not fit to be a dog owner. You on the other hand I think would make amazing owner(s) , and this thread just proves it

He works all day at Walmart, except Tuesdays, & Wednesdays. He won't listen to us about the treats, & toys he constantly gives the puppy. When my dad has his mind set, he believes he's doing the right thing. So, it's hard to get him to the right thing.

Yes, they're real raw hide.

Moving the puppy results in her snapping, & lashing out. We do training constantly.

We work hard on showing her who leads. Like I said, she's like a broken record.

We've never experienced a puppy like this. Never had one so spoiled. My dad calls her his Baby Girl, or his Baby Dog.

But I don't think you need to find the dog a new home, as long as you take the dog from your father. This might be harsh, but he's not fit to be a dog owner. You on the other hand I think would make amazing owner(s) , and this thread just proves it
We live in the same home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom