Extremely Lethargic - Green Poop - Mite Infestation

Green poop can mean not eating. Are the urates yellow? Can you keep him inside where it’s warm for tonight? (is it night where you are?) My go-to for a sick bird is a soupy baby bird formula with a drizzle of nutridrench (poultry vitamins). Is he on a pellet or crumble of some kind? Can you turn it into a warm wet mash and offer that? Not everyone will agree with this, but in a dire situation, raw egg can provide quick nutrients and fluid.
You will need to kill the mites quickly with permethrin powder or spray as suggested by Wyorp Rock. This sounds pretty urgent. I personally would not leave him be without help of some kind. How many birds do you have and what ages? Is it possible he’s being bullied away from the feed?

I’m not sure if the urates are yellow. They do look yellow tinted, but that may be the green mixed with the white. It is night here. I cannot bring him inside, but it is pretty warm in his coop. He’s on layer pellet. I tried to make a mash but he wouldn’t take it. How would I go about feeding him egg? I have 12 silkies between the ages of 6 1/2 months and 3 months old, and 3 polish chickens (1 roo, 2 hens) that are 6 1/2 months old. They are in a smaller pen inside of the big coop. I really don’t think he’s being bullied away from the feed. At least one of the other polish hens have green poop too.

I will stop at my feed store early tomorrow morning. It is midnight where I am and I do not have medication on hand.

I’m not sure if the urates are yellow. They do look yellow tinted, but that may be the green mixed with the white. It is night here. I cannot bring him inside, but it is pretty warm in his coop. He’s on layer pellet. I tried to make a mash but he wouldn’t take it. How would I go about feeding him egg? I have 12 silkies between the ages of 6 1/2 months and 3 months old, and 3 polish chickens (1 roo, 2 hens) that are 6 1/2 months old. They are in a smaller pen inside of the big coop. I really don’t think he’s being bullied away from the feed. At least one of the other polish hens have green poop too.
Oh, good. I crack an egg right into a little bowl and let them drink it right up. It might be worth a try. :)

Oh, good. I crack an egg right into a little bowl and let them drink it right up. It might be worth a try. :)

Alright, thank you. I will definitely try eggs in the morning. I am in for the night and hoping he pulls through with the help I gave him. He hopped up onto his roost by himself when I put him in, so I’m more hopeful than I was when he was laying on the ground very lethargic.

Back
Top Bottom