Extremely Lethargic - Green Poop - Mite Infestation

Their heads tucked in how?
Its more of their neck being tucked in with their head close to their body. Heres an example:
1609218379712.png

Alright, thank you. I will definitely try eggs in the morning. I am in for the night and hoping he pulls through with the help I gave him. He hopped up onto his roost by himself when I put him in, so I’m more hopeful than I was when he was laying on the ground very lethargic.
Good night. Get some rest. It’s a good sign that he was able to get on the roost. Do your birds have a place to dustbathe?

One last thing for the night. Just know that eggs are high in fat. They are excellent as a treat for s sick bird, but not good to feed them on a regular basis. I had a hen die from fatty liver, so I’ve gotten a tad neurotic about their nutrition.

I gave her some penicillin at the same time, but yours may not need it. You just mix the formula powder with some water and fill the crop up. You may want to mix it with some chicken electrolytes or Pedialyte too.

Alright. I will buy electroyltes tomorrow, along with mite dust. Hopefully just the baby bird formula is enough.

Back
Top Bottom