Extremely Mature 4 Week Old Chick

Sunshine Coop

Songster
Apr 1, 2020
Monroe Pennsylvania
I bought 6 colored layers off of Craigslist and one which I know now is a boy. It crows and tidbits for the ladies at just 4 weeks old. My 3 month old roosters
aren’t even crowing yet. My mind is blown.

I bought 6 colored layers off of Craigslist and one which I know now is a boy. It crows and tidbits for the ladies at just 4 weeks old. My 3 month old roosters
aren’t even crowing yet. My mind is blown.
My earliest ever crowing was a 3 week old Silkie..

The latest I've witnessed was a friends who clearly had the saddle feathers and all.. and 18 months.

I'm not sure I would equate it maturity.. but maybe strong instincts?

Hens tidbit too, usually for chicks but sometimes for flock members. (for informational purposes)

That's really cool! The oldest a male has ever taken to crow was my aseel stag. He crowed at 7 and a half months. Usually my cockerels lay between the 4-6 month mark. Some take considerably shorter though, as that little cockerel showed us. I've been noticing a trend with serama cockerels crowing really early, but I have no personal experience with them

Did the person you bought it from tell you the age? How long have you had him?
Is he a standard or a bantam?
I've had one standard that crowed at 6 weeks and some bantams that crowed at 5 weeks.

Did the person you bought it from tell you the age? How long have you had him?
Is he a standard or a bantam?
I've had one standard that crowed at 6 weeks and some bantams that crowed at 5 weeks.
I bought them at 2 weeks old 2 weeks ago which would make them 4 weeks old. They’re technically barnyard mix but he should be standard size.

Back
Top Bottom