Extremely sadded eggs! Any tips?!

Doobly

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Hampshire, England
Very saddled shipped muscovy eggs; we are talking ones that arrived with the air cells right down to the middle on some. Day 9 and we have 5/6 developing. All the embryos are just under the air cell so the veins are poking out. Any tips? Air sacs aren't detached but the air was moving a lot when initially marking the cells before setting. Any tips? I've heard a few people keep them upright all incubation and they keep the humidity high to prevent the egg losing too much moisture?

We've just come out of a dry hatch following this guide where we only hatched one who died at a week old so our hearts really want some babies to keep at the end of this one! Currently on day 9.

If your able to incubate the eggs upright that might help your chances of the egg content to balance out. Egg carton will work just tilt every 4-6 hours.

if they are still saddled when it comes to lock down, i would put them in cut down egg cartons for hatching, so you can keep them mostly upright then.

Personally I don’t change the humidity. I always just go by egg weight as the develop and let that guide my humidity

Back
Top Bottom