Extremely Small Peep????

Lollipop Gang

Hatching
Jun 9, 2017
I have a 6 week old Light Brahma peep. She is part of a new batch of 14 chickens I am raising. All of the other peeps are doing well and are normal size. This little one looks as if she is a week old in size. She eats, drinks, sleeps and behaves just like the others but she doesn't seem to be growing. I have never come across this problem and I am not sure what I can do for her. I would love some input from anyone who might have had this situation.
Thanks

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

Since the chick is behaving normally, I'd say there's very little that you can do. If it's healthy, then don't worry, would be my advice.

Best wishes
CT

Would you know if she is a bantam breed? If you could post a photo of her with the regular sized chicks - we may be able to make an determination. If she's doing fine - enjoy her. I'm a little bantam myself." Better small than not at all."

thumb_IMG_0445_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_0445_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0445_1024.jpg

Would you know if she is a bantam breed? If you could post a photo of her with the regular sized chicks - we may be able to make an determination. If she's doing fine - enjoy her. I'm a little bantam myself." Better small than not at all."
thumb_IMG_0445_1024.jpg

Both the peeps next to each other where born the same day. The little peep I am worried about is sitting on the feeder and her same breed sister is just to the right of her.

We currently have 13 year old chickens and will need to move our new 6 week old chicken to thier new Coop where we will slowly get them uses to eachother. I am concerned that my little peep will not survive the transistion and if she does will the older chicken except her.
I am considering keeping little peep seperate but not sure that a good idea either. Little peep has become a family and friend favorite. I just want to do everythign I can with in reason to see that she survives.

Back
Top Bottom