Eye Gouging in the UGA vs FU game

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
Did anyone catch the game?
Has anyone heard aboutSpikes eye gouging ?
His coach said hes suspended for the 1st half of the next game

What do you think?

pop.gif

Last edited:
First off..I am a Gator fan of many years..except when they play UT..then I am 1/2 & 1/2..but on the Gainesville Sun page it is clear..I am not sure the punishment is stiff enough??? (I like them dawgs too..in any other game)

Quote:
A few people on another forum are saying 'Oh thats just how the game is! We were suppose to do that!' but the rest are saying 'You just dont do that!'
I think sitting him out for a half is only teaching him to not get caught next time..

I like a hard hit just as much as the next guy but...
Those are someones EYES!

When he's on the ground in the pile, someone just needs to step on his hand with their heel cleats. A few broken fingers will teach him to keep his hands outside the other guy's mask.

Last edited:
He should have to sit out long enough, so that, if there was any possiblity of awards, for this year, he would not be able to achieve them.

somad.gif

"The Southeastern Conference has reviewed and accepted the disciplinary actions taken by the University of Florida regarding football student-athlete Brandon Spikes. The university suspended Spikes for the first half of its next game (vs. Vanderbilt, Nov. 7) for an unsportsmanlike act during the Gators' last game (vs. Georgia, Oct. 31)."

somad.gif

I hope Vandy whoops the Gators a good one!

When LeGarrette Blount punched a Boise State player he was out for a whole season. And all he did was punch him (not that thats ok..).
Im thinking the SEC commissioners are helping to keep and SEC team on the top of National Rankings.
I love my SEC football but this calls for a major time out.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom