Eye Injury !!!

LellyB

Hatching
Jul 26, 2021
Good afternoon- One of my lovely Pekin's eyes looks as if it is closed. I can tell she is hindered by it but there is no outward sign of injury. I am sick with worry. Could she have lost and eye without my knowing ?

Do you have any pictures? I would get her on my lap on a towel, and have help so that you can open the eye and have a look. There might have been a peck or irritation, but look to see if the eye is intact or if there is any bubbles or foam, or thick drainage. Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store is fine to use, saline eye wash can be used to flush the eye if it is draining, and I have even used plain Neosporin ointment in the eye in a pinch.

Do you have any pictures? I would get her on my lap on a towel, and have help so that you can open the eye and have a look. There might have been a peck or irritation, but look to see if the eye is intact or if there is any bubbles or foam, or thick drainage. Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store is fine to use, saline eye wash can be used to flush the eye if it is draining, and I have even used plain Neosporin ointment in the eye in a pinch.
I can't get close enough to snap a photo, but am trying. She is already so timid, it's hard to catch her. Can I get back to you ?

Back
Top Bottom