Eye of Round Steak...How do I cook it?

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I just realized that I do not know how to cook eye of round steak....

Not really interested in the "extras" you can add to it because I have an excellent spice for it..but how on earth do I cook it?

All I have is an oven and a stove...and a microwave!
big_smile.png

i would cook it on high and sear it on both sides then turn the heat down and cook it to how you like it.. Its gonna be tuff dont matter how you do it

Well...you were right. It was tough as boot leather....BLECK. At least I know that from now on, I can use it as a filler for some other foods...

Thanks for your help!

Ick. That cut's only good for swiss steak.

Out of curiosity . . . what's the excellent spice you use?

Invest in a crock pot. It makes the worst meat edible, and most often delicious. Better yet, you can set it up before you go to work and dinner will be ready when you get home.

I used to put a frozen roast into the crock pot. Let it thaw in there, and then the appliance timer would turn it on about three hours before I usually get home. Dinner was ready when we got home.

Before I froze it, I put slivers of garlic into the roast and rubbed it down with Kitchen Boquet.

Try it, it makes life a lot easier.

Rufus

I use round steak for fajitas, but after searing quickly on high heat I throw it in a pot to simmer down with tomato sauce and spices (or you can buy the pkts of spices already put together for fajitas in the spice isle). I simmer on low till meat is fork tender. Add some roasted or sauteed onion and bell pepper. They are fantastic with corn or flour tortillas. I put out sour cream, black olives, cheese, peppers... whatever you like for toppings. Not traditional but I like them tender with lots of toppings.

I like to marinate it in 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, 1 T oil. Let sit overnight, then grill over a very hot fire until outside is almost charred!
Fast though, if it goes past medium rare it gets tough. Slice on an angle, going across the grain.

Another good way is to cut it in strips across the grain, then toss in cornstarch and marinate in a little soy sauce and citrus juice all day. When you get home, stir-fry with frozen stir-fry veggies, serve over rice.

The ketchup/vinegar/oil marinade is fabulous on a good thick London Broil. The crusty outside is my favorite part.

Back
Top Bottom