Eye swelling, ear infection, wattle is peeling. Help!

Kaileyknight

Hatching
Jun 9, 2021
Hello!

I am currently at my wits end for treating one of my chickens. I have spent over $1,000 at the vets and still have no answers or cure. My chicken, Violet, started exhibiting symptoms of a swollen eye, discharge out of the nose, and an ear infection about 6 months ago. We have tried multiple rounds of antibiotics from the vets and nothing has fixed it. Oral, in the ear, in the eye, almost everything. Her blood work came back looking perfect and had no signs of infection or anything wrong. A slide from a swab of her ear showed coccidious type cells. She is a 3 year old lavender buff Orpington and has had wry neck since birth and weighs about 5 pounds. She has no other symptoms, no wheezing, abnormal poops, is very active and eating and drinking normally. Lately her skin around her eye and wattle has started to peel and it’s a pale color. Her ear oozes and the discharge turns into a crumbly tan color. I am starting to suspect this could be fungal related since no antibiotics have worked. Please let me know what you guys think. I will attach photos of her face and skin I took this morning. She also sleeps on the ground of the coop with that side of her face down. I truly don’t know how to help her and have run out of money trying to get her treatment. Her quality of life is great and she’s happy other than this facial issue so I will not be putting her to sleep.

Attachments

• A90C8B9A-2CC4-4BCC-8A50-7BB41A0973AB.png
    A90C8B9A-2CC4-4BCC-8A50-7BB41A0973AB.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 15
  • BDCC98C5-D34D-4890-8CB0-B73B51BC01E1.png
    BDCC98C5-D34D-4890-8CB0-B73B51BC01E1.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom