Eye swollen shut please help!

For permethrin do you spray just the coop are everything/everywhere? We do have a rooster... the flock was raised all together so it possible she got injured but I have no idea since I didn’t see anything. He’s fairly docile so Who knows. I’ll get the meds for her and try everything.

DE can be irritating to the eyes. It also will not treat an active lice infestation. She might have scratched her eye if she was irritated by lice or mites. Hard to know if that was the cause or if she has a respiratory or eye infection, but MG and some respiratory diseases can cause a swollen, gunky eye. Tell us what you see inside the eye. You can clean an eye with saline and put a dab of Terramycin eye ointment intot the eye twice a day. Use plain Neosporin if you cannot get Terramycin.
Thanks. I gave her a bath today and worked her eye a bit. The compress and terramycin did help it open slightly too. I can’t see and obvious injury or anything come out... no puss or anything comes out. She’s not eating or drinking when I offer it. If it’s realities what else can I do? Looks like I got the current mites/lice off her and will treat again in 10 days as you suggested.

Have you used the dust for mites?
Yes. They mites and live are gone. I’ve used the dust you suggested. She’s isolated from the flock for one week now. I use silver, vetrx in her water and under her wings. Terramycin on her eyes. They improved significantly and then yesterday the left one closed again.

Yes. They mites and live are gone. I’ve used the dust you suggested. She’s isolated from the flock for one week now. I use silver, vetrx in her water and under her wings. Terramycin on her eyes. They improved significantly and then yesterday the left one closed again.

This is from just a little bit ago...
7DAF72F8-3F92-486B-A3AC-240BE504E34D.jpeg

Attachments

• 3229319F-09AA-44AC-919E-BEAA55D80673.jpeg
    3229319F-09AA-44AC-919E-BEAA55D80673.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom